Invisalign is designed, manufactured, and marketed by Santa Clara-based medical-device company Align Technology, Inc. Align says that over 35,790 doctors are trained to provide Invisalign treatment in the U.S.
There is an option in straightening your teeth that doesn’t include uncomfortable wires and brackets. Invisalign has revolutionized the way our patients can straighten their teeth. Gone are the days when you have to have painful adjustments to your brackets. No longer will you have to wear ugly braces for two years. With this new orthodontic system, you can straighten your teeth without wires and brackets, without anyone knowing you are wearing anything, and all in under a year.
How Aurora Invisalign Works
During a comprehensive examination, we determine your general dental health, the shape and strength of your roots, your bite, and the amount of crowding (if any) that you have. This will help us determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign. If you are, we will make a detailed mold of your mouth, which will be scanned into a computer.
The computer will determine a precise plan to map out your tooth movements as efficiently as possible. As a result, you’ll have a beautiful, straight smile in less than half the time of traditional braces. Many patients are completed in six months. The more complicated cases can take up to one year.
From the treatment plan that is developed, several sets of aligners will be manufactured. When you put the first set of aligners in they will feel a little snug. This is intentional and is the means of guiding your teeth into their new position. You’ll wear this set of aligners for two weeks. By that time (generally within the first few days), they’ll have loosened up and will fit perfectly. Even though your teeth move into the new position within the first few days, please wait the complete two weeks to put in the next set of aligners. This gives your roots time to adjust to their new position and keeps them from getting loose. Before you know it, you’ll be through with all the aligners and have lovely straight teeth.
Advantages of Aurora Invisalign
- No one will know you are wearing them. They truly are invisible, even at a conversational distance.
- There are no food restrictions. Simply remove the aligners for meal times. You can eat whatever you’d like without the fear of food getting trapped in any metal. Once you’ve finished eating, you can brush your teeth and put the aligners right back on your teeth.
- Oral hygiene is a breeze. Just like at meal times, you simply take out your aligners, brush and floss your teeth, then place them right back on.
- The treatment is much faster. Generally, it’s completed in six months to a year as opposed to one to two years with braces.
- They are much more comfortable than braces. No wires and brackets to irritate your gums or the inside of your mouth.
Disadvantages of Aurora Invisalign
- Because the aligners are removable, patient compliance is required. If you don’t keep the aligners in the required amount of time, they don’t have the opportunity to work. This is generally only a problem with teenagers, who may forget to put them back in after mealtimes.
- They are slightly more expensive than braces.
- Not everyone is a candidate for Invisalign.
If you would like to find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign, you may call our office to schedule a complimentary consultation. You’ll get an evaluation and an opportunity to ask any questions you may have all at no cost to you. You may also click here to request an appointment online. If you’re requesting a complimentary consultation, please note that on the form.